We are an academic community dedicated to the study of the Military Forces that recognizes the existence of an autonomous branch of Law called Military Law – understood as the area of Law that deals with the legal study of the foundations, structure and functioning of the Military Forces. as state administrative institutions of a special nature, whose purpose is the defense of sovereignty, independence, the integrity of the national territory and the constitutional order – which aims to contribute to the strengthening of democratic institutions, through academic and social approach between the military establishment and the university.
We are a multidisciplinary academic community. Military, which seeks close interaction between military institutions, the university, and private companies, through the development of academic activities that contribute to the study of military law as an autonomous branch of law. By the year 2022 we will have academic publications that allow us to publicize the results of the research carried out and we will continue with the organization of discussion spaces.
The Observatory on Military Law will be a vehicle of knowledge that allows the exchange of ideas between the Armed Forces and the civilian population, producing scientific articles, promoting meetings where there is space for discussion and generating documents that allow the clear visibility of the Role of the Military Forces in the contemporary state.
The Observatory on Military Law is dedicated to promoting discussion spaces that allow the study of the Public Force to be developed from a multidisciplinary perspective. For this, we have a hotbed in which students have the opportunity to research and write articles or papers, we publish, organize and participate in academic events, in coordination with different allied institutions from both the public and private sectors and we have different spaces for academic discussion on current affairs.
1. Develop research work in the area of military law, related to issues such as the constitutional function of the military forces, the non-contractual liability of the state, social security and the pension system of more military forces, the conscription and the defense of sovereignty, among others.
2. Develop forums, seminars and conferences that allow discussing issues related to the Military Forces, from different perspectives of society.
3. Integrate different members of the academic, judicial and military community at a national and international level, for the development of specific academic and social projects related to the Military Forces.
4. Promote research in military law from the Faculty of Legal Sciences of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, through the creation of a hotbed made up of students from the same.
5. Manage and accompany the process of publishing scientific papers as a result of the discussions and research carried out by the Observatory.
Superior Military Court
Posted Dec 16 2013
SUBSCRIBE 7.5 THOUSAND
Seminário Sul e Norte-americano de
Direito Constitucional e Militar. Parte 2.
Palestrante: Javier Rincon (COLÔMBIA)